Life is precious, and each day is a gift.
This philosophy guides every moment of care we give at Hospice by the Sea. Whether patients are in our hospice, palliative care, or home health care programs, we help them to live fully, comfortably, and in the company of the family and friends they love.
Illness affects not only patients, but their loved ones as well. For that reason, we care for both patients and their families. We're there, with sensitivity and support, to meet their range of needs, from managing pain and easing anxieties, to answering questions and counseling on decisions.
In delivering our services, we fully respect each person's right to privacy and dignity. This is detailed in Hospice by the Sea's patient's bill of rights. A copy of the document, which is highlighted below, is given to all patients in our programs.
Patient's Bill of Rights
The patient has the right to:
- Be treated with dignity.
- Be respected for his or her individuality.
- Be respected for his or her philosophical and religious beliefs.
- Maintain the highest quality of life possible.
- Be as comfortable as possible physically, emotionally, socially and spiritually.
- Have the opportunity to make choices regarding his or her care.
- Have family members take part in planning his or her care.
- Know the status of his or her condition.
- Privacy in the administration of his or her care.
- Know that care will be provided regardless of his or her ability to pay.